Pocketpedia sync

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
greguva

Pocketpedia sync

Post by greguva »

I have lately been having trouble getting Pocketpedia to sync with DVDpedia. It gets hung up on the screen that says “Synchronizing… Checking if sync needed.” for about a minute, then nothing happens. It synchronizes with CDpedia just fine. I have DVDpedia version 6.2.1. I am using an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.5.1, Mac Mini with Ventura 13.3.1. Any suggestions? Thanks.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia sync

Post by FineWine »

Have you read this Topic: No syncing to pocketpedia!
Try the following:

1 - open desktop DVDpedia and hold the Option key and click on the Help menu and this will open a hidden menu
2 - select and click on Export for Pocketpedia
3 - save the resulting For Pocketpedia.pocketpd file to Desktop and Quit DVDpedia
4 - connect your iDevice to your mac via cable
5 - open Finder and click on your connect iDevice in the left column under Locations
6 - let it finish completely the Sync'ing process
7 - select Files on that windows tab bar
8 - select Pocketpedia and right click on each Folder/File and select Delete. However DO NOT DELETE the actual Pocketpedia entry
NOTE: sometime Finder does not immediately show these App's & Files, wait a few minutes.
9 - select the For Pocketpedia.pocketpd on your Desktop and drag & drop it into Finder on top of the Files Pocketpedia entry
10 - eject your iDevice from your Mac
11 - open Pocketpedia on your iDevice and select DVDpedia within the Collections column - it should now start to reload all your entries and cover art, be patient as it may take a while. (from seconds to several minutes)

Hope this helps :D
greguva

Re: Pocketpedia sync

Post by greguva »

FineWine, that worked perfectly! Thanks so much! I hope that I won't have to do this every time I need to sync, though.