Plug-in Request

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
il_Cretino
Inductee
Inductee

Plug-in Request

Post by il_Cretino »

Hi all,
I'm trying to update my Bookpedia library but would really like to find some local sources of information from Australia using the website https://www.dymocks.com.au.

I have no experience in coding so don't really understand how to go about adding this as a search database. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Plug-in Request

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums.

The closest to Dymocks is Abbey's Bookshop Sydney. Which can be found in Preferences > Sites. Remember you can click and drag all these sites up and down for search priority.

Whilst I lived in Sydney for 30 years I too found Bookpedia lack of Australian sites frustrating and Conor installed the Abbeys search plug-in for me. It does have quite an extensive ranch.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Plug-in Request

Post by Conor »

Dymocks doesn't have an API, which makes it a lot easier to get data in a format that is easy for a computer program to understand. Links attributes directly with their value, such author. You can extract data from the webpage but it a lot more complicated to build a plugin to do that.

Thank you for pointing out another source of possible data for down under to add to the list.