aws: your free contingent for AmazonWebServices expires soon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

aws: your free contingent for AmazonWebServices expires soon

Post by Anami »

Hello,
I received an email that I have to pay for the aws after using it for 1 year for free. What does this mean and how can I avoid to pay for it?
Thanks and best.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: aws: your free contingent for AmazonWebServices expires

Post by FineWine »

All the desktop pedia's have a built-in pedia AWS facility: Hold the Opt key whilst clicking on the Help menu and ensure there is a Tick next to Amazon Test, if not just click on it. Now goto Preferences > Sites > Amazon Settings and the Access Key: field should read Amazon Test Enabled. Now click the blue Sign Up button.

Just be aware however that amazon US & CA & AU maybe the only ones working as amazon has tightened their API requirements. You will have to experiment. Please read this topic: Amazon Search Not Working (Bookpedia)

Also this topic: Re: Pedia Development Post Natural Disasters
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Thanks for the answer, FineWine. But I was talking about a possible payment I have to do for the aws. I'm using amazon since years now in connection with DVDpedia but I was never asked to pay something for it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Then I suggest this is not the forum to ask such a question, try this link which I found googling “Is there a place for AWS community support?
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Sorry, but I only set up aws because of DVDpedia. So why shouldn't this forum be the right place? Everywhere in the forum you explain how we can register with aws.