Facebook integration

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.

Facebook Integration- a good thing?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes: 10

scutter7282
Inductee
Inductee

Facebook integration

Post by scutter7282 »

It would be great to add Facebook integration. On Facebook there are mini-apps already that show off your libraries. It would be great to have the same for our pedias, with links to our full library online. That way we can share with our friends!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Creating a Facebook application might be a bit beyond our resources, but will take a look at the Facebook API.
Eric Clayberg
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Facebook integration

Post by Eric Clayberg »

Leveraging the Facebook API for integration offers streamlined login, social sharing, and personalized experiences.

While advantageous, concerns about user data privacy, platform changes, and reliance exist. Prioritize transparent data handling, user consent, and robust security measures when utilizing the Facebook API.

Assess its impact on user experience and data privacy to weigh benefits against potential risks before integrating—striving for a balance that aligns with user preferences and your objectives.
Last edited by FineWine on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More readable
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Facebook integration

Post by FineWine »

The problem I have with this idea is that FB will somehow access your data and leverage it for advertising purposes.

Disclaimer: I and my partner do not like social media - FaceBook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tik Tok, etc and have never had accounts.