Is pocketpedia no longer on the app store?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Is pocketpedia no longer on the app store?

Post by klausness »

I know that the pedias are on hiatus, but I need to replace my iPad, and it looks like Pocketpedia is no longer on the app store. When you move to a new device, apps are restored from the app store, so that's a problem. I don't want to lose access to my library on my iPad. Does anyone have a solution for this?
klausness
Captain
Captain

Re: Is pocketpedia no longer on the app store?

Post by klausness »

Replying to myself, PocketPedia still seems to be available on the app store if you've already downloaded it. I restored to my replacement iPad, and PocketPedia ended up being installed (unlike a few other apps that are no longer on the app store). Oddly, I can't find PocketPedia on the app store, so I'm guessing that there's some way for a publisher to mark an app as no longer available for new downloads but still available to people who have already downloaded it.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I underestimated the amount of users that rely on Pocketpedia and update their devices and then can't get a compatible version. You should be able to find it from under the "purchased" tab on your account. But to make it easier for all users I have for now re-added Pocketpedia to the iOS App Store as a free download. Should it not spike to many downloads and support issues, I can go forward like that and keep updating Pocketpedia for free for existing Pedia users.
klausness
Captain
Captain

Post by klausness »

Thanks for the work you're putting into this, despite your hiatus. Much appreciated.
emmayashri

Post by emmayashri »

Hey hi, you can still access pocketpedia by downloading it from the purchased section of the app store and syncing your library with another app like bookpedia or gamepedia, which are still available on the app store.