Templates for iPod

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kenaustus
Contributor
Contributor

Templates for iPod

Post by kenaustus »

I wrote a small template for downloading books by author into my iPod, but with the new version of Bookpedia and a new iPod I can't figure out how to select the template. When I try to download it only allows me to select the standard templates. How did I screw this up and what can I do to get my template used again?
kenaustus
Contributor
Contributor

Found the problem

Post by kenaustus »

Just realized that you have to have .ipod as the extension, not .txt.

If anyone wants to improve on the template, which lists the author and the books you have from them the template is:

<?xml encoding="UTF8"?>
<meta name="HideAllTags" content="true">
<meta name="PageSplit" content="SortName">
<TITLE>[Global:SortedEntry] </TITLE>
Author: [Global:SortedEntry]
<!--BeginRepeat-->
[Key:Title]<!--EndRepeat-->
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We wanted to step back from using .ipod as who knows what Apple will want to do with that extension in the future. As you found out it will still recognize .ipod but the new format is to add -iPod to the template name for example SortedAuthor-iPod.txt. That way leaving the extension .txt for editing the file.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

see examples of iPod templates

Post by teacher24_70 »

Is there somewhere that we could see examples of what each iPod export template would look like? I'm trying to decide which template I want to use and just seeing the name of the template doesn't seem to be descriptive enough.
bernard
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Ipod export sorting by author, then title

Post by bernard »

I've tried to edit a template to sort my book collection by authors, then by title.

<?xml encoding="UTF8"?>
<meta name="HideAllTags" content="true">
<meta name="PageSplit" content="SortName">
<TITLE>[global:sortedEntry] ([global:entriesInPage])</TITLE>
Sorted Entries for: [global:sortedEntry] ([global:entriesInPage])<!--BeginRepeat-->
[key:title]
<!--EndRepeat-->

Works fine, but the Author is always sorted by the first letter and George Orwell comes before Isaac Asimov.

As every entry on Amazon, France or US, lists the authors by first, then last name. Any way to get it the right way ?

Thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately the iPod always sorts entries by first name.