Multiple libraries in BookPedia?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
andrew_aes

Multiple libraries in BookPedia?

Post by andrew_aes »

I have created a library for all the readers in my small English school library (about 500 books), and have numerous smart folders for the various classes. Works very well, tracking all the borrowed and overdue books.

I now want to start adding the hundreds of textbooks that the school has. But if I add them to the existing library (with all the different smart folders that will entail), it is going to make tracking just the library books very difficcult.

Is it possible to set up a completely separate library, that will contain just the text books? I'm sure I read something about this in the forums a while back, but have been unable to find it again.

Cheers

Andrew (in Taipei)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you want to set up different libraries, hold down the option key during start-up of Bookpedia and choose 'Create database' from the window that pops up. That'll create a completely new Bookpedia library for you. (Make sure you give it a good, descriptive name so you'll be able to tell your different libraries apart later.)

To switch between databases, quit Bookpedia and hold down option during start-up again and choose the 'Choose database' button.

Nora
andrew_aes

Post by andrew_aes »

Thanks, Nora, that works just fine.

Andrew