DVDpedia: What kind of data in which column?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Kai
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia: What kind of data in which column?

Post by Kai »

Some columns in DVDpedia can only carry certain kind of data instead of general strings, like
-only numbers in the date field, and these numbers need to have at least 3 digits or
-only a small set of possible strings in the aspect ratio field.

I would like to use some of the columns for my own data, different from the original purpose. Is there a list available of which columns take which kind of strings? The edit window gives some hints, but some of the obstructions are not so obvious, like the 3-digit condition for the date.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The only fields that are treated differently are the date fields. They need to be a date. So steer away from using those fields unless your going to use them for a date. These fields are borrowed on, purchased on, date added, last seen, release and theatrical release. The number fields are regular fields, but by using them for numbers you might be able to take advantage of things like the running total at the bottom for the collection. Also I recommend using a date field for dates as they get sorted appropriately based on date and not the numbers.