Marking those items which have been entered in *pedias

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
margit
Contributor
Contributor

Marking those items which have been entered in *pedias

Post by margit »

This query is buried in my original request for a user forum, and I am still looking for ideas on how to handle marking of books, CDs and DVDs that have been entered into their respective pedia.

My biggest challenge is figuring out how to mark books as I enter them. Since many of my books are collectible, I do not want to deface them, but I would still like a quick visual cue as to whether they have been entered.

Just entering them by bookshelf does not work for me because the collection is somewhat mobile, going from bookshelf, to desk, to stack somewhere, and back to a bookshelf, but not always the original one.

Personalized Post-It notes used as bookplates are my top choice so far. Any other suggestions?
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marksealey »

margit,

You really don't need this page to see how cheap they are: but what about elastic bands around the ones you haven't marked?

That way you won't use them until you have, either :-)

Good luck!
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Marking those items which have been entered in *pedias

Post by KiplingCat »

margit wrote:

My biggest challenge is figuring out how to mark books as I enter them. Since many of my books are collectible, I do not want to deface them, but I would still like a quick visual cue as to whether they have been entered.

Personalized Post-It notes used as bookplates are my top choice so far. Any other suggestions?
How about colored bookmarks (perhaps made of red and green office paper) which could be inserted so they protrude slightly above the spine of the book. That way you wouldn't have to open the book, as with a bookplate, to know whether or not it had been entered.