License clarification

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
shari

License clarification

Post by shari »

Is the license for one machine only, or is it for one person? I wouldn't ask, except I seem to recall something about it being okay to have a copy on two different machines under certain conditions, but I can't remember what they were! I just upgraded my work machine, and I'd like to keep track of my collections both at home and at work.

PS, I'm really liking the upgrade--no issues so far!

Shari
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The license is a 'family license' meaning you can share it with other people who live in the same house or other users who log into your computer. And of course you can use it on any computer that's yours, i.e.e your work computer and your home computer.

(If you want to read the license agreement again at any point, download DVDpedia, or whichever Pedia you're using, again and the license agreement will be displayed during the installation process. You can then save it or print it if you'd like to have it around for future reference.)

Nora
bellavita

transfering bookpedia files to a new computer

Post by bellavita »

i am putting my bookpedia files on a new computer -- or at least i am trying to. i export the files from my old computer using bookpedia format; when i try to import those files (covers and info.xml) into the new computer i only get the name of the export (Library), but no files? Can you suggest something i might be doing incoorectly?

thanks
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you are moving to a new computer, just copy over the entire Bookpedia data folder (by default found in User/Library/Application Support) and put it into the exact same location on your new computer. Make sure that neither version of Bookpedia is running at the time of the move.
Now when you start up Bookpedia on your new computer, you should see your library as usual.
bellavita

moving to a new computer

Post by bellavita »

thanks; that took care of my problem.