Bar code scanning & new AUST source needed

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
DJY

Bar code scanning & new AUST source needed

Post by DJY »

Can I just say thanks for adding in iSight barcode scanning... as I know you respond and read these forums regularly....

although I do have a request.
The Australian (or R4) data source you have the plug in for is ezydvd.com.au which do not seem to have barcode numbers listed. It means whilst DVDPedia now can scan via iSight.... but none appear in ezydvd.com.au. I don't know it they have the barcode numbers stored or not - but all the DVD's I try and scan for comes up with nothing... but when I then type the title in the search field - it works.

Any chance of a update to the Ezydvd plug in... or if they don't have bar code numbers stored, and chance of an alternative R4 / Aust data source?

Cheers
Last edited by DJY on Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

As far as I can tell, ezydvd.com.au doesn't allow search by UPC so there's not much we can do about that. I've looked at another site which a user had recommended for a plug-in (atlanticdvd.com.au) but they don't seem to have a UPC search either. If you know of any other good R4 sites that do, let me know and I'll have a look at them.

Nora
nard
Inductee
Inductee

Post by nard »

Nora wrote:As far as I can tell, ezydvd.com.au doesn't allow search by UPC so there's not much we can do about that. I've looked at another site which a user had recommended for a plug-in (atlanticdvd.com.au) but they don't seem to have a UPC search either. If you know of any other good R4 sites that do, let me know and I'll have a look at them.

Nora
Nora, that's right, ezydvd.com.au will not search on EAN-13 (UPC) numbers but this site seems to work well with them: http://www.devoteddvd.com.au

If you make a plug-in that lets me and my fellow Antipodeans use bar codes to add our DVDs then you will become my hero and I will love you forever. ;)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the site - I'll look into it. (If that means becoming your hero, how can I refuse? ;))
Kodo
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Kodo »

Hiya,

I was just wondering if there has been any update regarding this yet. Although I have a built-in iSight camera I bought a scanner as I didn't think the iSight was very good.

I am keen to start scanning in my collection of R1 and R4 DVD's.

Thanks