Bookpedia export and embedded color profiles

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
boris

Bookpedia export and embedded color profiles

Post by boris »

I'm a new user and first I would like to say that Bookpedia is great.

There is one problem that I encountered, though - when I export to html template Bookpedia resample my book covers and saves them with embedded color profile of my monitor. I wouldn't notice this if my profile wasn't so big - 114 exported little thumbnails takes more than 76MB now. My color profile is big, it adds about 650 KB to each thumbnail (which is about 30kb without color profile). I will try to solve this with batch job in photoshop, but thats some extra work I would like to avoid in the future :)

I would like to know if it is really important/necessary to export with embedded color profiles?
And if it is, why with monitor profile, shouldn't in that case image have it's original input color profile (from camera, scanner, ...) or working color space profile (AdobeRGB, AppleRGB, ...)?
Can you ignore color profiles in next versions or give as an option that allows us to ignore them?

This problem is probably not that important, but I felt like I have to report it anyway.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have updated the applications to export a generic RGB color profile for exported images. Download Bookpedia again; although you will need to be running Tiger for this feature to work.
boris

Post by boris »

Great! I downloaded newer version and it works great!
Thank you so much.