Unsuccessful Searches

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
amgleft

Unsuccessful Searches

Post by amgleft »

So I recently bought DVDpedia and I am making my first effor to enter my collection. I am using my dv camera for barcode input but when it scans it says "There are no matches for [barcode number] Please try another search" every time.

I went directly to amazon and entered the same number in the search and the correct item came up.

I thought maybe there was an update to the program so I went to "Check for Updates" and I got the error message "Network Error : Network Connection Problem" but the internet is working fine in all other programs.

Any thoughts?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Can you perform a regular search using a title? (Try out "Robin Hood" or "Harry Potter".) If a regular search works then let me know the search site and the barcodes that don't work. Otherwise if the program is without internet access, make sure it's not being blocked by some kind of firewall such as Little Snitch.
amgleft

fixed

Post by amgleft »

Hey, I don't know what happened but it's working now. I think I may have had an internet connection problem that wasn't global (Safari was working but I found later my email was offline) but after a restart it was fine.

I was then able to import my whole collection in one evening. very very cool. all the export options (such as the web page to dot mac) are really really cool. thanks for the fast response and the great program!