switch between collections in Full S mode

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
benzizbit
Contributor
Contributor

switch between collections in Full S mode

Post by benzizbit »

Hi Is there a way to switch between collections in Full S mode?

If yes can I do that with a keyboard key?

Thx
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Not in this version but look for it in future versions. Thank you for the feedback.
benzizbit
Contributor
Contributor

I dont know is its the right plase but

Post by benzizbit »

I dont know is its the right plase but if I buy dvdp I will get free updates or I need to pay for each update?

Thx for the help
FromOZ
Captain
Captain

Re: I dont know is its the right plase but

Post by FromOZ »

benzizbit wrote:I dont know is its the right plase but if I buy dvdp I will get free updates or I need to pay for each update?

Thx for the help
I hope we pay for (major) updates so we can keep Conor in business, and therefore the applications active and up-to-date.
benzizbit
Contributor
Contributor

Post by benzizbit »

I did not intend to offend, sorry if I did.
FromOZ
Captain
Captain

Post by FromOZ »

benzizbit wrote:I did not intend to offend, sorry if I did.
No no - not at all. Sorry if I gave that impression!

I'm not speaking for Conor/Pedias - just me as user. What I'm meaning is that the Pedias are shareware - and good shareware - and I am keen to see them continue. As the author Conor needs to get compensation for efforts and as long as upgrades are reasonable cost (as I am sure they would be if Conor charges) then I have no problem paying. Better that then he doesn't get any money and can't afford to continue development.

So my interests are basically - end user - selfish ;-)

Again sorry if my original comment was unclear.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: I dont know is its the right plase but

Post by KiplingCat »

benzizbit wrote:I dont know is its the right plase but if I buy dvdp I will get free updates or I need to pay for each update?

Thx for the help
My understanding is that the minor updates (v3.4.2 -> v3.4.3) are free (they have been so far), a major update (v3.x -> v4.0) would be charged $18 US (which I will be more than happy to pay :D , especially if it includes one or two of the most requested features :wink: ).
benzizbit
Contributor
Contributor

Post by benzizbit »

Thx for the help
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We did 55 free updates between 1.0 and 2.3.0 in a span of 2 years and a bit. Then for 3.0 we charged 9 dollars; and have since then done 16 free updates in almost a year. (The program is more mature and the update frequency is lower because of it.)

Those are the raw facts. As for the near future we don't have any charged updates planned but it basically comes down to what FromOZ mentioned, being able to make a living. Due mainly to our users who love our programs and tell their friends, family and strangers on the internet about the Pedias, our user base is growing. Which means we can continue to improve the programs without charging our current users and letting the new users carry the costs. :)