New to DVDpedia and have to say it's wonderfull

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
zephyr_s

New to DVDpedia and have to say it's wonderfull

Post by zephyr_s »

(((Sorry for my poor english)))

I used to be a delicious library user, however, there are many things that cannot meet my request, so I decided move my entire DVD library into your platform, and I must say, when I just try to add 3 items, I've decided to buy it and it's wonderfull and powerfull app for me.

First of all, DVDpedia got much reliable performence for catching information from internet specially from IMDB, that's fantastic.

Secondly, this app is highly efficient running and get a strong database design or information architecture, so I could trust it to add all my collection into its library.

finally, I like some of her special feature which is doing brilliant job for me, like full screen browser, smart statistic, able to build my own smart collection, custom field and much more.

So, this is my first feelling about her after I bought it and play arround for one night :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I got some suggest for you guys(maybe it's alreay there, but I just did not find it, sorry if this is the case) :oops:

1, Could you please add a uniform template for cover view, i mean not just display pictures directly, I think, different size of cover pictures make the cover view little mussy, to be honest, delicious library done a good job in this case

2, When I got information from IMDB, I want keep english title along with original languege title, rather than just preserve original languege title. I wonder if there is alreay an option for this feature?

3, Since many of information are fixed for a released movie, I think live update function is not possible for many situation, however, there is a exception which is viewer voting from IMDB, this value is dynamic, so it will be very helpfull, if there is a button called update the viewer voting from IMDB. Currently I do this by deleting voting field then clicking get advanced information again :shock: :shock:

4, Within statistic view, there is a bar chart called Actor, I'm not sure what is exactly function it has, I guess it should display which starring in my collection performing most movies and then second most and ...but I got first bar showing me the hottest actor is a composer actrully, I think maybe the software is using the whole credit field for this statistic. Is it possible to add a starring statistic as well?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Very excited you like our software.

DVDpedia should draw the covers to a uniform size but if you have covers where the actual case of the DVD is pictured instead of just the cover, there might be a height difference.

The next major release will have an 'original title' field.

For now the only way to update information in a field is to blank out the field and download the information again.

The actor statistics do pick up the credits at the moment - we'll look into improving that. Thanks for bringing it up.

You've obviously given DVDpedia a good shake-down - thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
zephyr_s

Post by zephyr_s »

Conor wrote:Very excited you like our software.

DVDpedia should draw the covers to a uniform size but if you have covers where the actual case of the DVD is pictured instead of just the cover, there might be a height difference.

The next major release will have an 'original title' field.

For now the only way to update information in a field is to blank out the field and download the information again.

The actor statistics do pick up the credits at the moment - we'll look into improving that. Thanks for bringing it up.

You've obviously given DVDpedia a good shake-down - thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Thanks for reply, it's so exciting that you do adding feature or making some change according to users review, it's nice you guys pay lots of attention read users feedback.

Nice Job!!