Pedia 4.x?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pedia 4.x?

Post by gottadoit »

Is there any news if new versions of the Pedias are coming or new features coming in 4.0? Not that I think they are deficent in anyway. I am hoping there will be an new version by the release of Tiger.

3.X was a paid upgrade and WELL WORTH the cost.

I have been using DVDpedia and BOOKpedia for over two years now and all I can say is what a great piece of software it is.

Gottadoit
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

I am sure you mean "Leopard" instead of "Tiger". I know hard to keep up with all the Big Cat codenames. At some point they all run together. :)

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

I know I am looking forward to Leopard. Lot's of cool new stuff in this release. I am not sure if I could handle all those cool things AND a new release of the 'pedias. LOL :D may be more than my senses could handle. But . . . I always look forward to cool stuff from Bruji.

Anyhow, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Have a good day, gottadoit.

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Before Leopard was delayed we were working on all kinds of Leopard features, so look for those after Leopard is released as we finish polishing them up. In the meantime the next major version is doing exactly what the current version does but using Core Data instead, which will make it a Tiger/Leopard only application, able to handle larger libraries and include many of the most common user requests, which is what we are working on now. Who knows what we'll be working on after June 11th, since Steve Jobs will let us in on his secret plans for the next major OS X release.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

So Conor, did you go to WWDC? In which case we want gossip, like when are new Apple Cinema Displays coming out :wink:

I do have one friend there, the developer of Memory Miner (you all should check it out -- a great program), but he is too busy oohing and aahing over Core Animation to tell me anything juicy.

Speaking of Core Animation, would it be possible to use Leopard only features in 4.0, or would you need to wait for a Leopard only release of the Pedias?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I did not attend the WWDC, although the news seems to be I did not miss much but the schmoozing. I am waiting for the new build of Leopard to be available online for developers; but I think it should be possible to take advantage of the Leopard technologies and still be compatible, including Core Animation. Also Quickview will allow you to view DVDs in the Finder using cover flow. All in all I think Leopard is more compelling for developers with an excellent set of new tools and refinements to the developing environment. It will ease the learning curve and allow more people to create great Mac apps and exciting developers to create amazing apps.