Comics - pedia PLEASE!

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
trainwrecka

Comics - pedia PLEASE!

Post by trainwrecka »

I have been searching for a great comics database software for sometime now. I came across Bookpedia and LOVE the interface. It works just like iTunes so that is a huge plus. Bad part is it was made for "books" not "comicbooks". I know it has the selection of comicbook/ graphic novel in the pull down but it just doesn't work well. There are a lot more people that go into a comic than a book. Not only would I like to add the writer (author) I need a place for the penciler, inker, etc.

I saw that you would tackle this project after CDpedia's release so I have been waiting. Sadly, I'm going nuts waiting. I've tried to use the other guys comic database software - but your's is just SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!

Please consider this! I would say skip a bookpedia plug-in and just make it an all out Comicpedia. I would rather have the two separate. For those who don't have a lot of comics, they could continue to use bookpedia's limited comic databasing.

BUT for the true comic geeks out there with 100's of comics a Comicpedia is a much needed app.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
trainwrecka

Post by trainwrecka »

I know you always ask for what type of fields you are after so I'll shoot you a few...

Title: Ultimate Spider-man
Volume: 1
Issue: 101
Story Arc: Clone Saga
Part: 5 |of| 7
Printing: 1st
Writer: Brian Bendis
Penciler: Jason Jaston
Inker: Tony Staro
Cover Penciler: Jim Lee
Cover Inker: Tony Staro

These are just some of the main fields (with examples) not available to Bpedia.

I could go more in depth if you would like.
trainwrecka

Post by trainwrecka »

did i mention i would love a Comicpedia? :D
Last edited by trainwrecka on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We are listening to your feedback, your request is a long term one. We have been thinking about a solution to all the different pedia requests, and your post is helpful. To do it right would take time, I can sign you up for our testers group and you be the first to find out if we do release a new product. In the meantime do take a look at some other posts in the forum about how to take some of the fields your not using in Bookpedia and changing their name as you might find that useful.
trainwrecka

Post by trainwrecka »

@Conor

thanks so much for the reply! I will look into changing field names. I didn't even think about that. I would love to be a tester when you release comicpedia.

Thanks again!
adambot
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by adambot »

I don't know if anyone still watches this thread, however, i am currently working on a mod to the program that will allow us to keep track of our comics better. I have the current requested fields already in there, however, as a n00b to the comic collecting world, i am not sure what else is important to keep track of. Also, if Conner is still around, i may have some questions about the link and frameworks you posted.