Full screen play ISO automation

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Full screen play ISO automation

Post by lannp »

I have two USB external drives and made two databases: one and two. My movies are in ISO and they are in a sub directory of my USB drives ONE and TWO.

I found that the DVD Player cannot play the ISO, but only can play the VIDEO_TS folder. According to the forum, ISO works when the type of the link is changed to "Movie" but that does not work for me. I want to use the DVD Player to play the ISO in full screen mode by clicking on the white triangle. I made links to the VIDEO_TS folder so the links are available to be clicked to play. I found that the only way to make the link works is to click the ISO so the VIDEO_TS folder is mounted. Once that is done, everything works.

So, I make the links for all ISO. On the desk top, there is a large number of VIDEO_TS folders that are mounted when I manually click all the ISO names, one for each ISO movie. Everything works fine. The problem is when the Mac mini is turned off, all the VIDEO_TS folders are closed. The next time I return, I need to again manually mount all folders for the links to work.

How do I have the VIDEO_TS folder mounted automatically when the system boots? I looked into the Apple script, but it looks very convoluted.

How do I switch from database one to database two?
Finally, I found that my VLC is quite buggy in Mac mini and DVD Player is much better so I gave up on using VLC to play the ISO.