Parental Control

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
alacrity77

Parental Control

Post by alacrity77 »

is there anyway of setting up parental control? I would like to run just one library with all my dvd's, some are material that I don't want my young children watching.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

A password feature is on the feature request list. In the meantime if adding a password to your account is not an option, you could also place the DVDpedia data folder on a password protected disk image. Create the encrypted disk image with Disk Utility, then copy the data folder inside the disk image from ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia (create the disk image with enough disk space for your database to grow). Launch DVDpedia while holding down the option key and point it to the folder inside the disk image. In the future before running DVDpedia mount the disk image, it will require a password to mount. As an added advantage the jpg covers will also be encrypted, stopping your kids from browsing the covers folder in the finder. Also turn off Spotlight from the DVDpedia help menu, so that your DVDs won't be indexed by Spotlight.

I never actually tried this setup out, so be sure to backup your data.
tony-s
Inductee
Inductee

Post by tony-s »

You don't need a classical parental control software. What you need is a program like Stealth Folder which lets you to hide folders as you wish.