Cover image drag out no longer working in 3.60

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Cover image drag out no longer working in 3.60

Post by ScottH »

I'm no longer able to drag a cover image out from DVDpedia onto my desktop as a JPG. When I drag it from its display below "Collections", it turns into a JPG icon, but there's also the circle with the line through it "NO" symbol. I'm sure this worked before. I think I was even able to drag it from the full size image, which also doesn't work now.

I remember this feature breaking before in a previous upgrade, and you fixing it after you read about it.

Thanks, Conor!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Scott,

It might actually be the last QuickTime update you applied to your computer. We had another user with this issue, and since we haven't made changes to the image drag we couldn't figure it out. She was also having problems dragging to Toast after the QuickTime update. Try a repair option from the Disk Utility program, this fixed the issue for DVDpedia but not for her other applications; she had to re-install the combo update for Intel to fix Toast.

Edit: Download DVDpedia again, I made it more redundant on where it looks to place its temporary files (with covers it does this in order to create the cover with the entry's title instead of the unique ID). DVDpedia adds the temporary folder to ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems (this seems to be where the permission problem is) so now if that fails it falls back to /private/tmp/501/Temporary Items.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ScottH »

I re-downloaded DVDpedia and re-installed, and sure enough, that fixed the problem! I don't own Toast and I haven't updated Quicktime in a while--my version is 3.1.5. But I'm REALLY glad you could fix it inside DVDpedia, thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting us know so promptly.
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

Could you please make this same change for CDpedia as well? As of the very latest application versions, I can drag a cover image out of DVDpedia but not CDpedia.

Thanks,
-Brad
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Done; sorry about leaving CDpedia out of that small change and thank you for letting us know.
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

Conor wrote:Done; sorry about leaving CDpedia out of that small change and thank you for letting us know.
No problem. Thanks for making the change. I just tried it out and it's fine.

Best,
-Brad