Sorting Numerals Alphateically? i.e. 12 > "Twelve&a

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Sorting Numerals Alphateically? i.e. 12 > "Twelve&a

Post by Nanook »

Hi,

I have a bunch of DVD's whose titles start with numerals: 12 Angry Men, 2001, The 39 Steps etc. Is there a way to sort them alphabetically so they don't all live at the top of the library?

Other instances where this would be useful is where the literal name of a DVD may not reflect where it might live on the shelf, such as the new Larry Sanders DVD Not Just the Best of the Larry Sanders Show which I would file under "L" next to The Larry Sanders Show - The Entire First Season and not "N".

It would be neat if there was an "alphabetize as" field that could be left blank except in these instances.

Thanks!

-N
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the detailed feedback about why you would need a "sort as title" field for these complex examples. It's one of our items on our feature request list, but one of the more long term ones, as we like to redesign the interface first to be able to include the field without adding clutter.
ghaist
Inductee
Inductee

Post by ghaist »

I to, would love to see a "Sort By" feature added. I like all the "number" titles in their alphabetized proper place.
elasticdog
Inductee
Inductee

Post by elasticdog »

I couldn't find the feature request entry regarding having a "sort by" field, but I too think it would be useful for a number of different occasions and just wanted to voice my support for its development as well.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Coming with the next version. (which we're working on right now).
Nanook
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Nanook »

Fantastic! Can't wait for this feature.

Thanks for listening!