"no mountable file systems"?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jetsounds

"no mountable file systems"?

Post by jetsounds »

Hey, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone else if having my problem.

I keep trying to update from 3.4.4 to 3.5 for both DVDpedia and Bookpedia, but when I try to mount the .dmg, I keep getting the error message "no mountable file systems." This doesn't happen with the .dmg's of other apps, just all the ones from Bruji.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks!
jetsounds

Post by jetsounds »

Okay, so a quick Google search of the error message revealed that this happens when the disc image hasn't downloaded properly.

Now, when I got these errors, I had tried to download straight from Bruji (from within the apps). I tried this time to download from another source (MacUpdate), and it worked perfectly!

I still don't know why the .dmg's didn't download properly from Bruji (I tried several times), but at least the problem's solved. Thanks to those who read the post!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you jetsounds for letting us know. Will keep an eye out for this happening to other users.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by hswt86 »

I've had the same problem everytime I have tried to download any of the application files. I have both DVDpedia and Bookpedia. Eventually I seem to get whichever file I'm trying to download but it usually takes many, many trys. I will try the MacUpdate site mentioned. I might add that while I have had this problem occaisionally (very rarely) downloading other files, it is a consistent problem I've had on the Bruji site.
Love the programs once I get them downloaded!

Update: I tried the MacUpdate site and got the same result with both DVDpedia and Bookpedia (after my download reaches around 600K it stops downloading ). Immediately after the Bruji downloads failed I tried to download an even larger file (Opera web browser at 11.3MB) and had no problems. This would tend to indicate to me that the problem is not with my system.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are you on a dial-up connection? There are also zipped versions of our programs available by replacing the .dmg ending of the download with .zip. Although this is only an issue for a handful of people we are looking at changing the download format or the site to fix it. We believe this is an issue with our hosting provider (Site5.com) and the timeout limit they set on a connection for Apache that affects slow connections.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by hswt86 »

Yes I do have a dial-up connection. I'll try the .zip thing and see what happens.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting me know about using dial-up, I wanted to make sure I was correct in my diagnostic of the problem. I am also curious if the zip version makes a difference, so do please let me know.