CSV Import

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

CSV Import

Post by wanderer »

I've previously had success with Importing Collections into Bookpedia from a csv file which included Author, Title, an image URL and PDF links.

Now its not working for me. Its probably finger trouble, though I've checked and double checked paths etc... so I thought I'd ask here...

Author and Title are imported, but the Image URL (which is a PDF) isn't and while the links show in the Info window the links dont open.

The Edit|Book|Links shows the correct path and file including the file extension .pdf but the Type is 'Folder'. If I add the link manually the Type is PDF and the link does open.

Any pointers appreciated.

Great product BTW, keep up the good work.
wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderer »

I should add..

I'm using Bookpedia 3.6.0 on an Intel MacBookPro OSX 10.4.10

I've tried importing a collection into an exisiting database and into a new database.

Thanks.

Syl
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please send us a small sample of the text file you are importing so that we can test it out. You can post a couple of lines here or you can email us the entire file if you would like to keep it private. For example I just tested the following file and everything importing correctly, including labeling the second link as a PDF.

Code: Select all

Title	Author	Link	Image
Test1	Author1	file:///Users/developer/Desktop/CoreData and Ordered Objects.webarchive	/Users/developer/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers/1.jpg
Test2	Author2	file:///Users/developer/Desktop/twilight_princess.pdf	/Users/developer/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers/12.jpg
wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderer »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I got it working. I think the problem was in file path translations between the MAC and PC - I use both, even though the path looked OK.

Thanks again.

Syl