Export to iPod

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Export to iPod

Post by teacher24_70 »

I've tried to use the export to iPod before, but always found that my notes got "truncated" due to the 4K note limit. Even when I used the sorted templates, the notes still truncated and left off portions of the information.

I just tried getting around that a little by exporting as a text file and then placing the information into the Lyrics tab of an "empty" song in iTunes. This helped a little--I could fit the entire file in iTunes (Lyrics), but could only view about twice as much on the iPod itself.

The same file placed in the Lyrics section showed 103 book entries (only Title and author) while in the Note section (not exported as iPod template, but as a text template) it only displayed 41 book entries.

That's a long description to explain my actual question. It seems that when we export in the iPod templates, it doesn't quite know when to cut one file (for the 4K size) and begin the next one--otherwize, we wouldn't see the text truncated and some information missing.

There is an online program called iPod eBooks Creator (http://www.ambience.sk/ipod-ebook-creat ... ersion.php)
that can be used to create linked 4K size files. I haven't used it yet, but could Bookpedia be set up somehow to do the same thing on export?

If I've misunderstood how to do this successfully, please give me advice on what to do differently.

I just want to be able to have a reference as to the books that I have (Title, Author) so that I'm not constantly buying duplicate books. But if my notes get truncated, it's not worth the effort.

Am I making any sense?
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Thought I'd give this thread a little bump in case there are new readers on the forums or in case someone has any helpful ideas.