Full Screen Mode

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
eli

Full Screen Mode

Post by eli »

Hi all,
I am evaluating DVD Pedia- the best value for money!!

I have a question re full screen mode.
Let's say you have 500 movies in your collection,is there a way to place the cover art in columns,as apposed to one continuous row?
As I am using the eval version,am I correct in saying that if you cannot alter the view in full screen mode,there could be an ocassion where you would have to "scroll" through 400 cover art titles to get to the movie you want to view?

Many thanks

Gabi
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is only the single row view for now. At the moment you can filter your collection in full screen by using the search field on the top left. However if you are using the Apple control remote then you can't type so this is only useful if you have a keyboard (the keyboard command to go to the search field is option-s, but that will change in the next version to something more reasonable like command-f and command-option-f). With the next version you will also be able to filter the collection using the remote control, as well as switch collections, and invoke a details view for a movie; this will make browsing the full screen a lot more useful. We have more feature enhancements for the full screen in the pipeline, such as a view with more covers per page, and the ability to hit a key to scroll to that letter; but those are not yet ready.
eli

Thanks

Post by eli »

Many thanks Conor for the prompt reply.
I have been using Cinemar (for a PC) for some time.
Fantastic piece of software,but you need to invest a lot of time setting up.
That's what impressed me about your code.
One more question if I may, what do most people use the HTML export for?

Many thanks for a great product,

Gabi
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Mostly for sharing, they put it on their sites so that friends can know what movies they have what they thought about them and might be able to borrow. Some in a more general blogging type style they export their favorite collection and say these are the top movies of all times. Also a few professors use it to send information about the course syllabus. At the moment it's also the only Apple authorized way of seeing your movies on the iPhone.