Wrong title

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Wrong title

Post by danco »

I am wondering if there is any way, when making a search, to force items with the correct title to occur first, or whether one is stuck with Amazon's order, which may not depend on title.

I have a number of films saved from TV, so I only have title information without playing them to find the director. In quite a few cases, the correct item appears quite far along the possible choices.

For instance, if I enter "Career Girls" as the title, I get the item I want - Career Girls directed by Mike Leigh - but it is around item six in the list.

And as for the film whose title is "Yes" (which may not have made it to DVd, that's quite possible), it wasn't among the first five of several hundred items that showed up.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

To limit the search to title only use the following "&Title=Career Girls"; we will make this easier with a pop-up in a future update. Also if you know information about the movie that helps with the keyword search: "Career Girls Mike Leigh" will give the first result with the correct entry. You can also sort the results based on title by changing the sort order under sort order in the find panel to group titles with the same name together; but the two technique above to limit the results work faster than changing the order of the items returned by Amazon.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

One reason I decided on the 'pdias rather than other programs was the forums, and your speedy responses to queries.

I managed to do what I needed by restricting to the Imdb (if I have the name right) rather than cascading.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That is another option; one of the strengths of our programs is their flexibility.