Importing using UPC and a Custom Field

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
hdwriter

Importing using UPC and a Custom Field

Post by hdwriter »

I'm trying to import a long list of UPC codes into DVDpedia. Each row on the list contains one UPC code and one value (the owner's name) mapped to Custom 1. Both values in each row are enclosed in double quotes, and seperated by a comma. The file is in simple text format.

The import collection feature allows me to map the UPC code to the UPC field in the database, and the owner's name to Custom 1. The import runs without any error message.

The result is that none of the UPC codes are imported. The resulting collection has zero rows.

I'm trying to use the power of DVDpedia to import a simple list of UPC codes and then fill in the rest of the data via the data sources offered in DVDpedia.

Am I doing something incorrectly, or am I trying to use DVDpedia in a way for which it was not designed?

Thanks.

Robert
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There should be no problem importing such a text file. Please email us the file so that we can try it out ourselves and find out what the problem might be. I just ran the following text through the import without a problem:

Code: Select all

"upc","custom1"
"123456789","hello"
"987654321","test"
hdwriter

Post by hdwriter »

Conor wrote:There should be no problem importing such a text file. Please email us the file so that we can try it out ourselves and find out what the problem might be. I just ran the following text through the import without a problem:

Code: Select all

"upc","custom1"
"123456789","hello"
"987654321","test"
Ah! My problem was that my "test" list was only one row long, and it appears that the import routine discards the first line as a header. With this new understanding, the process works as I'd hoped. Thanks!

Robert
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad I was able to be of help.