Deleting Found Duplicates

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
garner

Deleting Found Duplicates

Post by garner »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way around this.

I am using Bookpedia 3.6.0 under Mac OS X 10.4.10.

I choose Advanced > Show Duplicates which gives a collection entitled Duplicates: Library which, indeed, shows my duplicates. Per the help file I hold down option and hit delete in order to remove the original from the library.

If I hold down option and hit the delete key on the keyboard I get a system beep.

If I hold down option and hit delete in the toolbar the selection is deleted from the Duplicates: Library collection but is still in the original Library.

If I hold down option and choose Edit > Delete the selection is deleted from the Duplicates: Library collection but is still in the original Library.

Does anyone know of a way in which I can delete the original from when I delete it from the list of duplicates?

Thanks in advance for any input on the issue.

Michael
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You should not get a beep when using the keyboard. Are there any message in your console log from Bookpedia when you get the beep. You can view the log with the program of the same name in your utilities folder; new entries are towards the bottom of the log.

It is true that option delete only works with the keyboard, I will fix that so that option key is respected when using the menu command or button for the next version.
garner

Post by garner »

There is no entry in Console. I did a search as well and found no entries for Bookpedia.

The procedure that I am using is:

1) The collection (Library) that I want to check is selected.
2) I go to Advanced > Show Duplicates. This results in a collection titled "Duplicates: Library"
3) I select the Duplicates: Library collection.
4) I locate a duplicate book and select the book.
5) I hold down option and hit delete. A system beep results.
6) I then check the system log and there is no entry. I have a passing familiarity with Console. On the left-hand side I choose the console.log entry and scroll to the bottom. I also look for the term 'book' in the search field and find no entry.

Michael
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The only way I can reproduce the beep (and nothing happening) is when using Command-Delete. With Option-Delete it seems to work fine...
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

I am now using Bookpedia 4.0.

For me also, Option and the keyboard delete key gives a system beep.

On the other hand, Option and the delete button on the toolbar works fine.