CDPEDIA Title View Composer

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDPEDIA Title View Composer

Post by Novatlan »

Hi!
When entering track information (Apple I, third tab), I can display the "Artist" column. That's great, but since I mainly hava classical Music, I'd need the composer column there. Is this possible?

Another question: When importing my iTunes library (iT 7.5), no cover images are imported. Is this by design?

Thanks for your answers!

Novatlan
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback. To add a composer column to the tracks tab is already on our feature request list.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the problem with the missing covers from the iTunes import. Do you have a special iTunes set up (on a separate drive for example)?
If you don't mind, could you send us an example of an entry (one that's not AAC protected) that has cover art which didn't get imported into CDpedia? (Just select the entry in iTunes and hit Command-R to see the file in the Finder.)
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

@nora
I can't send PMs. Everytime I try, an error message pops up without text.
Screenshot:
novatlan-sound.de/Bild 1.png

The PM:
Yes, I have tried that.
It doesn't work when iTunes is closed and it doesn't work when iTunes is open :( iTunes is running 24/7 on my mac...
I tried CDpedia 3.1 (if I recall correctly) some time ago, which was when I noticed this bug. Everytime a new version of CDpedia was released, I checked for the bug: it still existed.
I have since several times reinstalled mac os and have tried on 4 different macs - it never worked. :(

If there's anything I can do, tell me. I really want this to work :)

Tobias
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Yeah, the forum software needs to be updated but it's still in beta so we're waiting for the official release. The problem is that the site is trying to send the message (which gets through almost always) but then it hangs. I'm sorry for the confusion - it's annoying, I know. Hopefully the new version of phpBB will be out soon.

Right now we're not sure what's causing this problem with the missing covers but we'll keep looking, see if there's something we're missing.
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Any progress on the cover-issue?

Even more important (for me): I am desperately looking for an application to catalogue my cds. CDpedia is the best out there, but I need the ability to have a composer column in track view.
Is this so hard to code? If you implement this feature, I'll immediately buy CDpedia, but since I need to search for composers, CDpedia is useless for me withour this feature :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately no news on the missing covers in the iTunes import yet. We still can't reproduce the problem here which makes it hard to figure out why it is happening in the first place.
A composer column will come to the Add/Edit window very soon. (It didn't make it into the latest update, 4.1, because we want to add it to the internal search as well and that'll involve a bit more work). But we're on it!
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Thanks for your answer! Then I will wait patiently for my salvation :)
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Just a little bump of this thread to remind you of the sorely missed composer-column in the Add Track-window :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It has been done already and will be in the upcoming version. :)
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Great! Then nothing can stop me from buying CDpedia then :)
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Sorry for the double post, but unfortunately edits don't show the thread as new:
Thanks for the composer field! Just one question: I have accidentally clicked on the artist button. How can I hide the artist column? I don't need it. Clicking on the button again has no effect.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If all the artist fields are empty then the artist column should go away automatically when you next open the CD for edit.
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

Thanks, works like a charm :)