Help Links Don't Play

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
qvilorio

Help Links Don't Play

Post by qvilorio »

Hi,

I just upgraded DVDpedia, and now the links od my VideoTS folders don't play. I tried everything, linking the folder all over again, tried using the keyboard (option-P), using the mouse, but nothing, they don't play. I have an Intel Core Duo Mac Mini, running 10.4.10, latest version of remote buddy.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Q.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Could you please send me two of the entries with links, so that I can look at the format and mimic it here to try it out. To create two files that you can email, select the entries in the table view and then drag them to the desktop. Thank you.
qvilorio

Post by qvilorio »

But it only happens with videoTS folders, it works well with .mp4, quicktime, .avi files. There must be something wrong with the DVDplayer .app and dvdpedia. Here are the two files:

/Users/pgonzalez/Desktop/Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Hat.dcard/Users/pgonzalez/Desktop/Chicken Run.dcard
spudz25

I'm in the same boat.

Post by spudz25 »

Suddenly, after downloading the update, I also cannot launch any of my video-ts folders from the Full Screen.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

spudz25@mac.com
spudz25

I'm in the same boat.

Post by spudz25 »

Suddenly, after downloading the update, I also cannot launch any of my video-ts folders from the Full Screen.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

spudz25@mac.com
spudz25

Sample File

Post by spudz25 »

Enclosed is a sample file from my Dvdpedia...

/Users/toddmckenzie/Desktop/Halloween - Unrated Director's Cut.dcard
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the files. But the forum does not allow files in order to avoid spam and be secure. Could you please email me those files to our support email, you will find the email on our support page.
theun4gven
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Sending Sample File

Post by theun4gven »

I am also having the same issue. I will be sending an email shortly with two dcards attached to aid in solving the issue. Please let me know if you have come up with a solution.

Thanks,
Tom
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the files. The issue has been fixed and you can download the program again.
MaryQueSera
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MaryQueSera »

I'm having the same problem, and I can't seem to download the update. It stops midway through download with a message saying it can't extract the archive and to try again later. I've tried several times already. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks much,

Mary
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Try using this mirror download link instead.
MaryQueSera
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MaryQueSera »

Thanks much, I was able to download it from the mirror site.

However, now I seem to have completely tanked it -- DVD Pedia doesn't open at all. I've restarted my laptop, put a new alias in the dock, and now when clicked it just bounces one or twice but doesn't open. My previous copy was on my desktop, which I moved into the Applications folder and replaced with the new copy. Did I mess up some permissions somewhere?

Thanks again,

Mary
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

What OS are you running? The latest version of DVDpedia requires 10.4.9 or later.
MaryQueSera
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MaryQueSera »

Ah, that must be the problem. I'm running 10.4.8. An OS update at this moment is problematic (330 MB over dial-up? not bloody likely). Guess I'll have to restore the old app until I can update the OS.

Thanks again,

Mary
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Here's the download link for DVDpedia 4.0.8. That should run fine for you.