Keeping track of past borrowers

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
andreas32
Contributor
Contributor

Keeping track of past borrowers

Post by andreas32 »

When I lend a DVD out and it gets returned, all trace of the DVD having been lent out disappears from the database. Short of making a manual notation while editing, is there a way to track past borrowers?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Under the Advanced menu you'll find both an option to see the past borrowers of an item (Borrowed History) and a 'Borrowed By' history to see what a person has borrowed from you in the past.
andreas32
Contributor
Contributor

Post by andreas32 »

Nora wrote:Under the Advanced menu you'll find both an option to see the past borrowers of an item (Borrowed History) and a 'Borrowed By' history to see what a person has borrowed from you in the past.
Ahhh.... and duh! I've checked that menu before and was expecting a list of all previously borrowed DVDs. Now I realise I must highlight one DVD to retrieve that DVD's borrow history. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you would like to keep track of specific borrowers and what movies they borrowed you can do so by creating a smart collection (the "movies borrowed by..." command simply creates a smart collection for you). But if you create it by hand you can be more flexible, for example to create a list of all movies ever borrowed select new smart collection from the file menu and set the rule to "Borrowed By (history) is not [leave empty]".