DVDPedia-Collection print out

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
irtp

DVDPedia-Collection print out

Post by irtp »

I would like to print out the location of the dvds in my collection when I print out my inventory of dvds but I can not seem to do so. Is it possible to customize the fields in the collection print out?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you use the 'Custom' option under the List tab in the printing feature, it'll automatically print those columns you have selected in your table view. So just make sure you have the location column showing in your table view and then go print.

Alternatively, you can also customize any of the templates found under the 'Templates' tab of the printing feature since they are HTML based templates.
irtp

Post by irtp »

Ok that worked great!
Thanks for your help
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by celtoslavica »

The DVD-KeepCase template is very useful for my purposes, and I modified it somehow to fit my needs. There is one thing, though, where my amateurish CSS knowledge is not sufficient, and I can't seem to find anything on the net: The <summary> is ellipsed on the "back page". Is there a way to let it continue to flow on a new "inside" page. To be more precise: A new page is created, with front and back rows, and the <summary text> continues to flow in, if necessary...

As for the spine text: Can I keep "vertical", but the text flows at a 90° (or 270° angle?

Thanks for any hint.
Markus
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The first one is very tough, not to say impossible, I don't have enough knowledge of HTML to assert such a claim. HTML wasn't meant for advance layout, maybe with the next version of CSS that has classes meant for book layout it might be possible. The second option is just now possible with the new Safari 3.1, using SVG to render the text and rotate it, in order to have SVG inline, the HTML has to be XHTML. I have made the changes to the template and [url=dvdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?temp/VerticalText.zip]placed it here[/url] instead of including it with DVDpedia – Safari 3.1 has been so recently released. Also update DVDpedia as I silently added the ability to handle .xhtml templates (otherwise xhtml templates will not show up as a printing option) and you will need of course to have Safari 3.1 installed. The template is called PrintingDVDKeepCaseVertical, if you would like to have the text running up (270°), I have included in a comment the values of the rotation and transform that you would need to substitute to achieve that.