[DVDpedia] Need to contact ChiaroScuro...

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] Need to contact ChiaroScuro...

Post by Rigido »

...or some hint on HTML export template.
I really like his/her template (clickable covers with details) but it is too "heavy" for my collection, so I was wondering how to create more pages (actually it works, but there are no buttons to browse the pages).
Any tips?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [DVDpedia] Need to contact ChiaroScuro...

Post by Conor »

To add next and previous links to any template add the following to the HTML

Code: Select all

<!--IF_PREVIOUS_PAGE <a href="[global:previousPageURL]">previous</a> END_PREVIOUS_PAGE-->
<!--IF_NEXT_PAGE <a href="[global:nextPageURL]"> next</a> END_NEXT_PAGE-->
I have made that change to the ChiaroScuro template, [url=dvdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?extras/chiaroscuro.zip]click here to download it[/url] again with the links for next and previous page.
If you would like to make further changes find the template in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates/ChiaroScuro.html and open it in a text editor and move the above lines where you would like them to appear (be careful with TextEdit as it will try to render the HTML instead of showing you the code, you have to use the open command and disable rich text formating). The version I posted is a simple text link, you can replace it with images if you would like to spruce it up. I will also email ChiaroScuro and let him know about the post, in case you want further changes.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Thank you very much Conor.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Conor,
just tried your template and it works, the only issue is with covers. It will export full sized covers despite the quality setting...
(see http://www.webalice.it/rigido_71 )
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The image setting changes the amount of JPG compression and not the image size. We used to have an image size setting but it was rarely used so we moved it to be part of the template file settings. Open the file as described above and near the top you will see the command to include images:

<meta name="export-images" content="yes" />
Add the following lines after that:

<meta name="image-width" content="135" />
<meta name="image-height" content="180" />
Otherwise you can download the template again as I changed the size to 220 x 300 as this is the size ChiaroScuro uses on the details page, the above size will save you more bandwidth as it's the size for the covers page, but the image will look a bit blurry in the details page as they are slightly bigger.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

MUCH...MUCH better! Thanks!
Just two more questions:
1. The ChiaroScuro in DVDpedia 4.2.0 is the original or the new 220 x 300) (Just to be sure I downloaded it again...)
2. I would like to have a template to export BY GENRE. Do I have to define different smart libraries or there is a "smarter" way? :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The ChiaroScuro in DVDpedia 4.2.0
Neither one, the ChiaroScuro template is not part of the DVDpedia download. It's an extras and has to be downloaded separately, so it's good that you downloaded it again for the update.
I would like to have a template to export BY GENRE
Sort your genre column and then select the alphabetical by word during the export options. What the ChiaroScuro template does not have is the index option to create a link to each exported page directly without having to use the next buttons. Open the template and add the code below to the header. You could even replace the next and previous, therefore having "Action | Comedy | Drama | ..." links instead.

<!--IFIndex<div class="index">[Divider: | ]</div>ENDIndex-->