iPod touch

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
vittoriog
Contributor
Contributor

iPod touch

Post by vittoriog »

Hi to all.

Was you able to sync the new iPod with Bookpedia?
Bookpedia ask me to have an iPod connected, but it is!!!

Any help apprecciate!!

Vittorio
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The iPod export is for the regular iPods that have a notes section. Since you have an iPod touch you have to use the HTML export. See your previous post for an explanation on how to do that for the iPod Touch.
whotony
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by whotony »

guessing it's the same for iphone.

so i need a .mac acc't to export to the touch or iphone?

i did the html export thing and i can access the list on my macbook, but don't know what to do with that html thing i apparently saved on my hard drive.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You don't need a .Mac account but you do need a server of some sort where you can upload your files once you have exported them from your Pedia program. Unfortunately that's the only way to get data onto the iPhone now but hopefully in the future there will be other solutions.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

Nora wrote:hopefully in the future there will be other solutions.
The future is now. On March 6 Apple introduced the iPhone SDK which allows developers to make applications for iPhone. Are you working with, or are you planning to make pedias for the iPhone?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are you working with, or are you planning to make pedias for the iPhone?
Of course.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: iPod touch & iPhone

Post by Ted »

In that case enjoy the new version of the SDK from yesterday that includes interface builder...

We your loyal customers, eagerly await:
iPhone versions of the Pedias.
iPhone remote for full screen mode (possibly leveraged to FrontRow as well).
iPhone barcode scanning.

Enjoy all the iPhone programing, for the gold rush is starting in about 10-11 weeks....

Ted
GRT

Re: iPod touch

Post by GRT »

Waiting for new Apple-developments here might be a temporary solution to take your pedia database with you (for me it's DVD's). At least, it works great for me. This is how I do it:

I chose the export template for iPhone.
I check the pages field and choose 99999 or so, at least more than the amount of DVD's I have.
Than I choose export.
Within a few seconds my web browser Safari opens with a complete list of my DVD's with small icons of the covers.
Than I choose the print command and in the window that opens I choose PDF and choose the option of save PDF in iPhoto.
After the export I open iTunes and in the general window I choose the tab Foto's under "Album selection" (in Dutch: Geselecteerde albums) I choose "Last import". Now iTunes brings the exported DVD-list as (about 30) pictures to my iPod touch. I can browse the list in the Photo option. Though enlarging the picture is possible, it still is based on 72 pixels, so enlarging hardly has any use. The text blurs.
It works for me, maybe it works for others. I guess Apple will not always keep the PDF-viewer out of the iPod.
CheeseCake

Post by CheeseCake »

hello,

I'm trying to export my list -with book covers images- to my "regular" video Ipod. As I just begin with bookpedia, it seems to me that none of the existing templates can export that way but I might be wrong.

Any help?

Hope my english is understable :D
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

With the old iPods there are no covers, the export is text based and can be found under the notes section after using the iPod export feature. The video iPod behaves just like the older non-video iPods with respect to the notes.
CheeseCake

Post by CheeseCake »

ok. Tks for the answer