Editing HTML template for DVDPedia (# of discs?)

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
ltcarter47
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Editing HTML template for DVDPedia (# of discs?)

Post by ltcarter47 »

Hi,

I've been toying with a varient of SingleEntry that I made today, and one of the things I did was add a few more lines of stats. One thing I would really like to add is # of discs. What is the "name" I need to use in the template? Example, for rating, the line is:

Code: Select all

<b>[translate:rated]:</b> [key:rated]<br>
Thanks!
-Sean
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Editing HTML template for DVDPedia (# of discs?)

Post by Nora »

The key is [key:discs]. You can see a list of all the possible tags on this page and also in the included Help file under Export.
ltcarter47
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ltcarter47 »

Wow! Thanks!

Obviously I didn't look hard enough. Rather, I was looking the hard way, sifting through the other templates looking for it.

Man, so many tags! So little space! :shock: :lol:
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Check out the new "Tabbed" template in 4.2.2 created by a Bookpedia user (we modified them for the other programs) that allows you to take control of all those tags by giving them more than boxed areas.
ltcarter47
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ltcarter47 »

Where do I find that? I just updated from 4.2.1. to 4.2.2. I see it in the "Info View Style" menu, but not as an HTML template...

Looks slick though!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Check out the new "Tabbed" template in 4.2.2
Sorry, I should have mentioned it was for the info view.
ltcarter47
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ltcarter47 »

Oh, ok, I see what you mean. It's an easier way to get at and edit that info? Either way, I like it, and I'll probably keep using it ;)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can edit the info view templates just like the export templates (they're all based on HTML). To do this, ctrl-click the DVDpedia application icon and choose 'Show package contents/Contents/Resources/WebViewFiles'. That folder has four possible subfolders because these templates can be localized: "en", "es", "de", or "fr", depending on the localization you use.

To save your template after you're done, create a new folder titled 'InfoTemplates' inside your DVDpedia data folder (by default located in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia) and place the template in there. For any images, you have to create a folder inside 'InfoTemplates' named 'Images'. If you were to keep the template inside the application with the other info view templates, the template would get overwritten every time you update the program.