DL2 released, partially catches up to the Pedias finally

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DL2 released, partially catches up to the Pedias finally

Post by -LD »

http://delicious-monster.com/downloads/ ... onTwo.html

Some key "new" features:
  • automatically read in iTunes collection
  • Cover view changes
  • Publish to the web in one click
  • Smart Shelves
  • iSight scanning is much easier
  • Scripting
  • Works with Apple Remote
  • Pressing play on a medium will open the file or launch the URL
  • Printing is redone with cooler, extensible HTML-basesd templates and a preview mode
  • Import from delimited files
  • Export to comma and tab separated files
  • Quick Look
  • Backup and restore functionality
That's nearly exhaustive of the "new" features...all of which have existed in the Pedias for some time.

The Pedias are simply better, more advanced, more flexible. Personally I dislike the eye candy in DL and prefer the look and feel of the Pedias as it's more consistent with other iApps.

So good job, Bruji!
Last edited by -LD on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DL2 released, catches up to the Pedias finally

Post by Conor »

It's nice to know that they took a lot of ideas from us, such as the template based printing and export, it means we are doing it right. Sadly for DL users they still have a way to go in flexibility and features. Statistics is the obvious one that they are missing, it's what any collector really wants to know. Thank you for the post and the comments over at TUAW, we really appreciate it. I have gone over and added a comment myself.
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by -LD »

I was a DL user at first a few years ago. I simply didn't know of another app. You can see why, TUAW and other Apple blogs simply don't cover it for whatever reason.

I finally got frustrated enough with DL that I downloaded a Pedia demo and found it was much, much better. It was more functional, which was the main reason. It didn't have the eye candy, but that was just dressing up a turd. A great looking program that does nothing for me is worthless. Besides, I actually prefer the Pedia interface. Sure, nothing bursts into flames, but oh well.
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by TheMatador »

today I also looked into the new version of Delicious Library 2. what is this DL hype all about, really . I just prefer the pedias. I mean, just for movie, book, or game lovers , it't the best app, because its much more suited for the stuff you want to collect and organize. at the moment there is no feature in DL which I miss in the pedias.maybe some small minor things, but nothing big. so big RESPECT and keep going on. :)
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by -LD »

One thing I REALLY love about the Pedias is that they are separated. I only care about DVDs, so I don't need or care about the other stuff and this gives me the choice. It's also offered as a bundle (in various options), again giving me the choice.

And I have written my own HTML export, long before I could on DL.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

One thing Delicious Library 2 doesn't have is Nora and Conor and their amazing respect and support for their users. If a user is having issues they merely post a topic and usually it is addressed and fixed in a matter of hours. You just don't get that kind of support very many places nowadays. Keep up the great work guys. I am not going anywhere. :)
thruston
Inductee
Inductee

Post by thruston »

Well call me hasty, but DL2 has not caught up with anything. I paid up for DL1.6 and have just got my free upgrade to 2.0 and now I'm switching to Bookpedia instead. I've just wasted 5 hours trying to make the new version find my 2400 books, but the Bookpedia demo version has imported them while I have been registering here and writing this. I'll be buying this in a minute.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

DreamStatic wrote:One thing Delicious Library 2 doesn't have is Nora and Conor and their amazing respect and support for their users.
Yeah!
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by -LD »

thruston wrote:Well call me hasty, but DL2 has not caught up with anything.
I agree and edited my title :wink:

I have had nothing but good support experiences with the Pedias. DL, on the other hand, has been a nightmare. No joke, it once took me two months to have them email my lost license code! I realize losing it was my fault but their support should have been able to respond within a day, not within a couple months.