Importing from Delicious Lbrary 2

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
MisterMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Importing from Delicious Lbrary 2

Post by MisterMagee »

Hi, After giving DL every chance, I've decided the 'pedias were the one for me. In the end it was an easy decision: flexibility, easier to use outside of the US and SERVICE! The level of communication here is incredible and is stark contrast to what occurs over in Monster land (i.e. none).

Anyway, has anyone had any experience with importing from DL2 to the pedia (Cdpedia to be specific). The default library doesn't appear to be in XML anymore (I think I"ve heard it's SQL?). I've tried exporting as XML or as a DL 1.5 database, but cdpedia finds nothing to import. Anyone?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Importing from Delicious Lbrary 2

Post by Conor »

The XML in their export changed from the native 1.5 XML database. You can download the beta for the update and then drag the "Library Media Data.xml" over the dock icon or use the import command.

Welcome to the Pedias, I hope you enjoy them.
MisterMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MisterMagee »

Cheers, fixed the problem completely, once I got the zip, not the dmg! :wink:
But hey, I ain't complaining: I got a reply that fixed the issue. More, much more than what I'd get 'over there'.

Keep it up,
-MM
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Woops :oops: - sorry, the link is fixed now. Thanks for letting us know.
yellowhandman

Post by yellowhandman »

Hi there,

So I've finally taken the plunge to switch to the Pedias...but my data is all in DL2.

Are there betas for the other Pedias, apart from the CDPedia link in this thread?

Cheers!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The latest version 4.3 of all the programs has the fixes from the beta mentioned here. Welcome to the Pedias.
yellowhandman

Post by yellowhandman »

yellowhandman wrote:Hi there,

So I've finally taken the plunge to switch to the Pedias...but my data is all in DL2.

Are there betas for the other Pedias, apart from the CDPedia link in this thread?

Cheers!
What I meant was, are there beta versions of DVDPedia and BookPedia that can import from Delicious Library 2?

Cuz the 4.3 versions can't seem to...I choose Import Collection and navigate to the DL2 library file, but it is grayed out.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We haven't written an import for the new version 2 file. But from Delicious use the export to 1.5 feature and then import that temporary file.
yellowhandman

Post by yellowhandman »

Hi thanks, I figured that out.