Storing more infos

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
thf
Contributor
Contributor

Storing more infos

Post by thf »

Hi, i would like to have more infos about the films I store in DVDpedia. Doing academic writing on film the topics are not only directors, actors and writers. Importing from imdb I would at least appreciate the most common fields from combined details which are for me: producers, original music, cinematography, film editing, production design, art directon. There would be some more depending on genre (eg. costumes for musicals or special effects for action movies), but i think the 6 categories mentioned above are the most common for 90% of all films.

Could you beef DVDpedia up in that direction? I would be pleased.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Storing more infos

Post by Conor »

Under the last menu in the main menu (a small picture of a plug-in) you will find download options to increase the information gathered for the credits. Check the boxes that you would like (in your case Composer, Cinematographer, Editor, Production Design, Art Director, Produced By and Costume Designer). You can't apply them depending on the genre of the film, but you can download Special Effects Department as well and then delete that information for certain movies; it's faster to remove than to add by hand. I would test out the Special Effects Department setting as it can be rather large.
thf
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thf »

That's perfect news! :D :D
And just another thing ... which seems like a little bug to me. I write extensive comments into the "summary" field. Sometimes i need an info about another film. When i double-click the other film and didn't do a save (that mens clicking the ok-button) my typings are gone. So it would be perfect if there were an "auto-save" or if it's possible to have open more than one film in editing mode.
Last edited by thf on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronin
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ronin »

Conor,

Could you possibly post a screen shot? I can not seem to find the item to which you refer.

Thanks,

Richard
thf
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thf »

Could you possibly post a screen shot?

Hi Ronin,

here it is.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16561858@N00/2641435619/
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

THF: Thank you for posting the screenshot.

Richard: Download the beta and it will save the current edits, before switching movies via the table view.
Ronin
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Ronin »

THF and Conor,

Thanks!
thf
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thf »