MobileMe - will it work?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

MobileMe - will it work?

Post by Flex »

With .Mac being switched to MobileMe soon, will the export function the same way? Was that the secret feature in the latest update..?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: MobileMe - will it work?

Post by Conor »

MobileMe should not change the .Mac option for exporting. According to Apple it should continue to work the way it used to. If a better method is introduced with MobileMe will be sure to integrate it. As for the secret feature, if I told it wouldn't be a secret. :) Lets just say we are no longer a Mac OS X only developer, and I am not talking about Windows.
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by TheMatador »

Oh yeah :). that sounds great. I'm looking forward to see whats new :).
JRBTempe
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JRBTempe »

Trying to export to .Mac now and it's just a spinning beach ball... I have the MobileMe Updater installed so maybe that's why? Any ideas?

DISREGARD: Patience is a virtue. Took a minute or so for whatever reason, but it's working now. ;-)
rkphillips
Inductee
Inductee

Post by rkphillips »

I have MobileMe and had successfully uploaded my DVDpedia files (I think), but when I access that folder at my MobileMe site, it only gives me options to download a bunch of file names that have no correlation to my DVD collection names, etc.

I'm trying to figure out a way to 'share' my DVD library list with other friends......some of whom have Macs and some of whom use PCs.

??????
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The old URL of homepage.mac.com/username should continue to work, but the new URL is supposed to be web.me.com/username. There however seems to be a difference between on how it works for those that are new members of MobileMe and those who are automatically upgraded from .Mac. While we update the program for any new changes as well as the new name, there is always the option of doing a regular HTML export and uploading the created folder to your sites folder on MobileMe to put it on the internet.