PocketPedia - It's what my iPhone has been waiting for…

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
rogerson

PocketPedia - It's what my iPhone has been waiting for…

Post by rogerson »

Can I be one of the first to congratulate you on your iPhone App, PocketPedia.
Installed the V2.0 firmware last night, installed PocketPedia, clicked the Sync button, and couldn't believe how quickly it Wirelessly synced my Books, CD's and DVD collection to the iPhone.

No more buying a book or CD, only to get home and find I'd already bought it previously.

Keep up the good work
Mike :D
page3
Inductee
Inductee

Re: PocketPedia - It's what my iPhone has been waiting for…

Post by page3 »

Agree. So far the best app I've installed :)

Syncing over 300 DVD's was a breeze.

Its also going to be very useful when I'm book shopping. Being able to check reviews etc is a fantastic idea.

How about a cover flow mode??? <G>

Edited to add: my review (1st ever) is up on the App Store. ***** obviously :)
Last edited by page3 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
operator99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by operator99 »

Yup - great app. It does take a while for the first sync - my 2400 Movie/DVD with images collection took almost 40 minutes for the first sync, but then its fast. And I certainly am willing to spend the time to then have my collection with me for reference. I would like to be able to delete the collection directly from the iphone, but can't seem to be able to do that - maybe I'm missing something. And sorting options would be nice, but I'm really pleased with this initial release. Thanks Guys.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We're so glad to hear you're all enjoying Pocketpedia. This is just a version 1.0 release obviously - we already have lots of ideas for the future.
operator99 - to delete a collection just swipe your finger across it and the delete button will appear. For more tips, take a look at our Pocketpedia Manual.
Ben.d

Post by Ben.d »

Hello,

This is really a great app. I often missed my collection list in the shop; this will no more be the case. Thanks a lot.

A question however: will it be possible to search in the lists instead of Amazon? I will mainly use PocketPedia to check which books I already have...

Thanks a lot,

Benjamin
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We'll see if we can include an internal search in the future. Thanks for the feedback.
JRBTempe
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JRBTempe »

Good work, guys! I knew about your software prior to PocketPedia but have been a frustrated Delicious Library user for the last couple years... paid for the $20 upgrade to v2 after months of non-use on Leopard, only to discover it was just as slow and limiting as before (but I was $20 poorer). After downloading PocketPedia today on my new iPhone 3G, I decided to give DVDPedia a shot and within minutes I had imported my Delicious Library items and with the touch of a button, synced them right to the iPhone! Now that's how it's supposed to work! While Delicious is a lot more sexy in appearance, it continues to have major usability issues that still haven't been solved after years of development. So, it's getting deleted off my hard drive tonight and I'm sticking with you guys! Hooray!

JRB
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the Pedias!
Ivan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ivan »

Pedias are VERY sexy