PocketPedia missing and mis-sorting movies

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
lenbanks
Contributor
Contributor

PocketPedia missing and mis-sorting movies

Post by lenbanks »

Let me start by saying I love PocketPedia and it is a great companion to DVDpedia. Thanks for developing it! However I have some movies that aren't showing up. The count is correct when it syncs, but all of the movies beginning with "a" are gone and I can't find them when I scroll through. Only one movie shows up in the "a" section and that is "Die Another Day." I determined that DVDPedia sees that as the German use of "The" and therefore ignores it. I had this issue in DVDpedia and just put "Die" in the sort title field and it has been fine for months. But syncing to PocketPedia ignores this correction. So something is awry. A feature that would be great that I discovered (and is the same that people had for the first gen phone with contacts) is a search field instead of just having to rely on the right side alphabetical list. If my "a" movies are in fact mis-sorted, the search field would help me locate them. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia missing and mis-sorting movies

Post by Conor »

It was a a bug when creating the sections for the movies in the iPhone. When a section was not entirely sequential as is the case of the intervening "Die" it sees that as an "A" all of a sudden when it thought it had already created the "A" section and would replace the section with the new section: download the beta for the fix. Thank you for the bug report.

We want to get an internal search going on in Pocketpedia; but just like Apple we did not have the time to get it in there for the the 1.0 release.
lenbanks
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PocketPedia missing and mis-sorting movies

Post by lenbanks »

THANKS!!! That fixed it.

Now on to the search feature?... :wink: