Does Pocketpedia need internet?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ivan
Contributor
Contributor

Does Pocketpedia need internet?

Post by Ivan »

LOVE your Pedias, have CD, DVD and Books...
I'm getting an iPhone for my wife because she wants one to use as a phone, as an iPod and for photos but also more importantly, she she'll have a device that she can carry with her to know what media we have in our home when she goes shopping. She'll have no use for the Internet or email so we don't plan to have data functions activated for her phone. Will we still be able to use Pocketpedia in this manner without Internet availability? :?:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Does Pocketpedia need internet?

Post by Conor »

Exciting that your planning on getting an iPhone. Your wife will still be able to use Pocketpedia without a data plan (although I believe all iPhone contracts include data). The items in Bookpedia, CDpedia and DVDpedia can be synced over to Pocketpedia via a local wireless connection to take on the go. At home new items can be added to the Pocketpedia collection while connected to your home's wireless for access to the internet. She won't be able to add new items at the shop (as a reminder to lookup or buy later) as she won't have an internet connection there.
Ivan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Does Pocketpedia need internet?

Post by Ivan »

Thanks for reply... this will fit in perfect with her requirement