Feature request for Pocketpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
wadek
Inductee
Inductee

Feature request for Pocketpedia

Post by wadek »

Liked Pocketpedia so much, I went out and bought the desktop version of DVDpedia. It's so cool to have a reference of what I've already bought to avoid duplication, as well as a reminder of everything I want via the wish list. One thing that might be nice for the Pocketpedia would be an optional password/PIN to access the data. I don't really want everyone to know how many DVDs I own, and a simple PIN could at least provide a little protection. At this point, I am liking everything about the whole setup. Almost wish I had a load of books or CDs so I'd have use for your other programs.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Feature request for Pocketpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We thought about it originally but figured that the iPhone own lock system was sufficient, if one is willing to trust to a friend all emails, address book and phone call records then DVDs wouldn't be an issue.
rembaldi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rembaldi »

I was wondering if you might consider an "edit" button on the top righthand side of one's collection to delete/remove movies on the spot? I realize that in doing so one would need to prioritize the next sync which may complicate the program...I was just wondering though. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We did not add the delete option to the synced collections in order to make it obvious that a synced collection is a mirror of your computer and is managed from the desktop. As we add features to Pocketpedia we will add the ability to edit your collections on the go.
rembaldi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rembaldi »

Makes sense...thanks Connor for the great program and all the work you are all doing. It really is fantastic. :D