Sync from Pocketpedia to Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
tlwfamily
Inductee
Inductee

Sync from Pocketpedia to Bookpedia

Post by tlwfamily »

My sync from Bookpedia to pocketpedia on my iphone works in that direction. However if I create a collection on my iphone, it will not sync or be recognized in Bookpedia on my mac. Does sync only work in one direction?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Sync from Pocketpedia to Bookpedia

Post by Nora »

At the moment synching goes only one way. (There's only so much we could manage to include in version 1 of Pocketpedia.) But backward synching is already on our feature request list for the future so stay tuned for updates.
Thermohile
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Thermohile »

I just discovered Bookpedia through Pocketpedia. I have an iPod Touch and thought - wow, I finally have the tool to quickly document my library. Carrying my computer around is not easy, but the touch is easy. Then, I discovered that the synch is one way :( -- disappointment!!! I will wait until the upgrade appears before finalizing the purchase. Waiting in hope.....
trekker
Inductee
Inductee

Post by trekker »

When I click sync pocketpedia the following appears: with DVDpedia or Bookpedia. I then click on Bookpedia. The information from bookpedia is suppose to go to pocketpedia. When I open pocketpedia, there is no information.

Please advise and thanks,
Hugh
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If the sync message is going away fairly quickly, then try restarting both Bookpedia and Pocketpedia. The sync should actually inform you of each step as it does them, and depending on the number of items can be lengthy:

1. Getting collection information
2. Getting details for items
3. Getting images for items