aNobii Support (Drag&Drop)

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Jexter
Contributor
Contributor

aNobii Support (Drag&Drop)

Post by Jexter »

Hello!

It would be very nice if we could drag books from aNobii to Bookpedia! Social booksites lik aNobii make it very enjoyable to compile online wish-lists. Books in these lists soon or later become belonged items. In anobii your bookshef grows naturally, while we have to add the same books again in Bookpedia. Even better, it would be great if we could sync with sites like this one, but I realize that aNobii APIs are somewhat limited.

Regards,
Jex
Conor
Top Dog

Re: aNobii Support (Drag&Drop)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Sadly the aNobii API is very limited, they return very little information about a book, the title and format is about all. It would have been nice if they returned at least the ISBN number so that more information can be gathered using the Amazon sites. But the real value of aNobii are the users contribution so returning all the information about a book would be ideal. Since it still in beta lets hope that this will be an addition to their API in the future.

In the meantime download the beta of Bookpedia, I have added the ability to detect ISBN in any dragged items over Bookpedia. Because aNobii does include the ISBN of the book in their URL, you will be able to drag and drop books to Bookpedia as requested, although the information will be downloaded from other sites. The nice advantage is this will work with any website where the ISBN is included in the URL.
Jexter
Contributor
Contributor

Re: aNobii Support (Drag&Drop)

Post by Jexter »

Ahh now this is one grat idea, Conor. I will try the beta.

Jex