Box Sets

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
verdejt
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Box Sets

Post by verdejt »

How do you handle box sets with DVDPedia? I am a former DVD Profiler user and you could designate a movie as part of a box set. Is there something similar in this program?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Box Sets

Post by Conor »

You can use one of the custom fields as a series/set field. This way allowing you to group movies together that belong to the same set. Another option is prefix the title with the box set name or even just the sort title field (must be turned on in the preferences). I don't use the last options because then its like magic that box sets stick together, it's not as obvious as a an entire field designated for that information.

Also select all the movies in a box set and option drag them over the info view at the bottom. This will create a link from every movie to each other. So when you view information for a movie you see the movies that are also part of the box set in the info view and they are a click away. (The option button is the one that creates links between all of them, without option the link is only created from the one your dragging onto to the ones dragged over.)
verdejt
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by verdejt »

I have tried this but it doesn't seem to work. I can only link them to each other if I manually open each movie and copy and paste the link into the box set links section. Do you have some screen shots for us slow people. thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There some screen shots here of the linking. Option dragging movies over the links table should work as well, I mentioned the info view as it's quicker. Also don't use the cover flow view as you can only drag one movie from there at a time.