PocketPedia won't sync

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia won't sync

Post by Conor »

Try out the beta of the Pedias: DVDpedia, Bookpedia, CDpedia, Gamepedia.
b-Rent

Post by b-Rent »

I already own DVDpedia and have all of my movies entered in it. I love the product, which is why it's frustrating that it doesn't work well with the iPhone. Of all the available iPhone Apps, this is the one I was most excited about but it would be nice if it could handle more than 3 movie covers.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Did you download the beta? The beta is the upcoming version of DVDpedia that is not out officially out yet. With the beta you should not have any problems with the covers. If you are still having problems with the covers using the beta, please let us know.
b-Rent

Post by b-Rent »

I clicked on your link and downloaded the program but it didn't work any better than the other version. Do I need to remove the original DVDPedia from my computer first? I would hate to have to re-input all of my movies.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You do not need to remove the old version of DVDpedia. Removing it would also not remove your data; the data is stored separate from the DVDpedia.app program in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia. After trying to sync what error do you get with the covers? Take a look at your console log (with the program of the same name in your utilities folder) and let us know if there are any errors reported by DVDpedia.
dubwise

Post by dubwise »

My pocketpedia syncs my movies but not my CDs. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
D.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try restarting both CDpedia and Pocketpedia. At what stage of the sync does it fail? We also have an update coming out in a few hours/days, so that might fix the problem.
dubwise

Post by dubwise »

I restarted as suggested and that worked great. Thanks!
CZeph

Post by CZeph »

I've tried everything (including AdHoc network) and still can not get the sync button to come up; any other suggestions? I've tried everything in this forum and nothing is working. Love the program but hate that I can't sync to my touch!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry to hear that you can't sync after making sure all the settings are correct and trying different options. We have requested with Apple the ability to use the cable to talk to the iPod Touch so that you don't have to fiddle with your network settings. Does the iPod Touch program "Remote" work for you? The sync button appearance is based on DVDpedia advertising a Bonjour service that should be seen by the touch, you can try trouble shooting Bonjour services in general.
CZeph

Post by CZeph »

Conor wrote:Sorry to hear that you can't sync after making sure all the settings are correct and trying different options. We have requested with Apple the ability to use the cable to talk to the iPod Touch so that you don't have to fiddle with your network settings. Does the iPod Touch program "Remote" work for you? The sync button appearance is based on DVDpedia advertising a Bonjour service that should be seen by the touch, you can try trouble shooting Bonjour services in general.
Remote does work when I "Create Network" but not DVDpedia. It's the same way with a few other Apple products (their developer has also requested the ability to use the cable to talk to the iPod Touch) but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. Still I do love both of your products and I'll keep using and waiting! :D Any plans on making this for Windows? For some strange reason all the programs that require a sync work with my Windows machine...
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Another users finally got it to work by turning off his firewall and then removing the program's preference, or at least he thinks that might have been it. He had no success for days and then it started working so he can't be sure what change helped. If you would like to try you will find the preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist (have your serial number handy as you will have to re-register after removing that file with DVDpedia not running).
CZeph

Post by CZeph »

Conor wrote:Another users finally got it to work by turning off his firewall and then removing the program's preference, or at least he thinks that might have been it. He had no success for days and then it started working so he can't be sure what change helped. If you would like to try you will find the preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist (have your serial number handy as you will have to re-register after removing that file with DVDpedia not running).
I went to Best Buy and got a name brand wireless router and that did the trick! First I exported the records to my desktop and got the sync button and voila there's joy in mudville again :D :D :D Thanks for all your help and quick responses!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have no idea why that would work as opposed to the previous router but that it's working is the important thing, excellent.