This tool rocks...

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
romulox223
Inductee
Inductee

This tool rocks...

Post by romulox223 »

To the dev team and others:

This is my first, and maybe only post. But I just wanted mention how awesome this program is. I've been a dvdprofiler user for years and have been frustrated that I've either had to fire-up a PC or use vmware just to add a single DVD.

Finally deciding to do something about it, I've been playing with delicious 2 and dvdpedia for a day now. I could immediately see your app does everything I need from dvd profiler. Delicious (while I know it's a popular program) just was not clicking with me and the needs I have. When I exported my entire dvdprofiler collection to XML, put it in dvdpedia, and redownloaded the cover art, I knew this was going to be "Hello DVDPedia, goodbye DVD Profiler". It even brought over my collection IDs correctly!

Oh, and forcing imdb ratings... FREAKING AWESOME!

I also love how I can export my latest dvd additions to CSV, do some minimal Excel wrangling, and put the entires right into dvdspot.

I will be purchasing your entire bundle pack tonight!

Thank you for this product. I look forward to being a new member to the *pedia family.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: This tool rocks...

Post by Nora »

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We love hearing from all our users but when it's a happy "I-just-love-the-Pedias" post, that really makes our day. Welcome to the family. :)
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Say, I totaly agree with Romulox223, and keep recomending the Pedias. But I would like to know: have you banners / buttons / ... to put on one's website to advertise a bit for Bruji ?

Midori :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We should definitely have some little badges. Will make some and then put them on our press page, that has screenshots and logos.
dubwise

Post by dubwise »

I have to agree. I had DVDpedia for awhile and it took me until this weekend to try it out. I was so impressed with it - I input our entire 200 title DVD collection in a matter of hours, that I bought CDpedia yesterday. While a little more challenging (I have lots of obscure CDs) it works very well. You guys did a great job!

I have some requests for future releases, especially in the online publishing area. I'll post to that discussion in a couple of days.
Matsfan

Post by Matsfan »

I agree as well. While I've checked out DVDPedia in the past I never bought it until Pocketpedia was made available. We also have Bookpedia now and are enjoying them quite a bit. Thanks for cranking out some great and affordable software!