Bookpedia - SilverMail.html

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Mike

Bookpedia - SilverMail.html

Post by Mike »

As the librarian of my club and having entered all the books I found I could post the library onto my .Mac site. Even better was the part in Silvermail.html template that creats an email to me if someone wants to borrow a particular book. However, I found that the template automatically chooses my .Mac account email address and since I have a dedicated club email address I was wondering if there was a way of changing the template to choose an alternate one?

Also, perhaps for a future incarnation of the template, the addition of the "borrowed status" of a book to the web pages which will save people asking to borrow a book that's already out.

Many thanks

Mike
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Mike,

The email comes from the "me" entry in your Address Book; what you want to do is hard code the email into the template. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates/SilverMail.html and open it with any text editor. look for "[Global:MyEmail]" and replace it with the email you would like to use.

You can also add "[Key:BorrowedBy] <br>" after "[Key:Director] <br>" to add who the movie was borrowed by. To make it less confusing you could even extend it to:

"<!--IFBorrowedBy Movie is borrowed by : [Key:BorrowedBy] <br> ENDBorrowedBy-->"

This way the line will only be added for movies where borrowed by is set; you could even get fancier and add some CSS to make the text be red; but that is the gist of modifying a template. There are more details in the included help as well as a few tutorials on our support page.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Conor,

Many thanks for the info. I did look for any 'how tos' but must have missed them somehow. Got the template altered and did some other changes whilst I was at it and all works fine.

Thanks again

Mike