DVDpedia, no luck finding DVD:s at discshop.se using EAN

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
json

DVDpedia, no luck finding DVD:s at discshop.se using EAN

Post by json »

Hi,

I am currently trying out DVDPedia, and it seems to be a great program!

I am having one problem though. When I search for the EAN code (using iSight or by typing the code) of a Swedish DVD it is not found at discshop.se.

If I search for the name of the film it is found by DVDPedia. However the EAN code does not seem to be included in the information I get in DVDPedia.

If I go to the discshop.se website and locate the film I can see that there is indeed an EAN code on the page and it is the same as printed on the DVD-box.

You could for instance try with the film "Grabben i graven bredvid". Go to http://www.discshop.se and enter the film title in the input field to the left of the word "*Sök" (upper right corner of the page) and click on "*Sök". You will get a list of three titles. Click the uppermost one (it says "Grabben i graven bredvid"). Then scroll down the page and klick on "Visa utökad info". Scroll down again and you will find the EAN code.

I have tried with a few other films as well but no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem here?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

As far as I know, discshop.se doesn't support search by EAN. If you enter an EAN into their site search, you won't get a result either even though they have the information on their website.
json

Post by json »

Thank you for your quick replay!

You are of course completely correct. I should have checked that before posting.... :oops:

So I will try to contact discshop.se and ask them why they don't support EAN search.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Great, let me know if they change anything in their search and maybe we'll be able to update our plug-in accordingly.